Friday, December 19, 2008

Free Bahasa Indonesia classes!

Washington may be a crime-ridden blotch of humanity full of sneering career politicos, but hey, look on the bright side.

Exhibit A: A 22-week Indonesian language class, offered by the local Embassy in D.C. I'm not sure what government kitty they're pulling the funding out of, but amazingly, it's totally free to applicants. I remember paying hundreds of bucks for my old Bahasa Indonesia class in Vancouver, so I'm green with jealousy. Memo to government functionaries: How about a similar class in New York City?

Starting date for the free class is Feb. 11, 2009, and there are two language levels offered (Beginner I and II). Interested parties should contact esti@embassyofindonesia.org, or call 202-775-5231.


Today's Top Stories

Rainy day rice
New flood-resistant crop about to hit Asian markets

Borobudur as popular as ever
Javanese temple one of world's timeless wonders

First Lady: Let them eat cake
Mrs. SBY: Keep up the jewelry purchases, everybody

Want to be RI President? 1.5 trillion Rp, please
Elections not just expensive in U.S.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I enjoyed reading this article. If you don't mind, please visit my blog Guide to Adsense and Dating Indonesian Girls.